Most things are done online these days, including shopping for car insurance. The ease and accessibility of obtaining quotes and comparing prices give consumers an environment where they can choose what they want.
As easy as that all seems, the internet also provides an influx of information, some that are hard to parse through and make sense of.
Here at Best Auto Insurance, we’ve broken down the two best ways of shopping for auto insurance:
- Through a licensed agent – they order different policies issued by different insurance companies, so you get options.
- Direct to the insurance company – either by telephone or through their official website, you can’t compare options quite as easily but it’s a more direct way.
Whichever route you choose, know your options before making a decision. There is a list of information needed for insurers to give you an accurate premium quote.
A few of them are:
- Your vehicle’s make and model
- The vehicle identification number or VIN
- Your zip code
- Any and all the aftermarket accessories you have installed in your vehicle, especially the anti-theft and safety accessories
- You will also need the license number of the people who will drive your vehicle and also the date when they first got their license. You should also have a copy of your own driving record and your credit score. Insurance companies tend to think that someone with a low credit rating will most likely file claims more
Having all the information needed will help you make better-informed decisions about your auto insurance.